Wednesday 7 June 2017

Vegan Cat Food

So I had a fantastic time at VegFest in Bristol last month but I was so saddened to find out that due to Bristol City Council's rising costs, it would be the last one!

I met some amazing people and received some great freebies, as well as purchasing lots of vegan goodies too.


One of the freebies I received was a sample of Benevo Cat Food, actually it wasn't free, I think it was a £1 sample. Some people think its cruel to feed cats a plant based diet and my two cats enjoy their usual cat food, so I haven't given it too much thought until now.

There are stories such as 'Kitten nearly dies on a vegan diet' and debates like this one here argue that it's extremely cruel.

Peta states cats need a high level of Vitamin A, taurine and protein and most feline nutritional experts say 'No' to cats eating a vegan diet. As a lack of taurine can lead to heart problems, blindness and even death - very scary statements for any animal lover.

 

However when I saw these cat food samples at VegFest, I thought I would get some, as Vegan Cat food is not cheap and I could taste test my cats without the wasted expense if they didn't like it.

So the results of the taste test! Well I have to say both cats went to the Vegan sample of cat food in the white bowl, over the one containing meat in the other. Does this mean my cats are vegan?




I know that if I had placed a third bowl containing wet food (meat) they would have gone for this option. But then my cats only have wet food as an occasional treat.



So am I going to swap to Vegan cat food? I'd be really interested to hear your views on this or your experiences of feeding cats in this way.

The conclusion I have come to, is that I'm going to combine the Vegan Cat Food with their ordinary dry complete food. That way it's not as expensive, they still get a balance of meat in their diet but it's cut down by half, so I figure it's a compromise for now.

You can purchase Benevo Cat Food here...

Benevo Vegan Adult Cat Food, 10kg

The 10kg bag works out at £3.80 per kilogram which is a lot cheaper than the 2kg bag (£7.50 per kg).

To be totally transparent and honest with you guys, this is an affiliated link and I just get a tiny percentage, should you choose to purchase through this link, which as your guys know helps to keep blogs going.

Have a fabulous day and Stay kind.....

Chloe xx



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig